Which secret yellow foods have been shown to help balance blood sugar?
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
We’re about to reveal 7 amazing yellow foods that can work to balance your blood sugar!
1) Summer squash is a wonderful source of both soluble and insoluble fiber, this variation of squash supports the movement of food through the digestive tract while helping to lower your post-meal blood sugar.
2) Yellow bell peppers supply a library of beneficial, diabetes-fighting, heart-healthy nutrients, including vitamins A, B6, E, and K. And would you believe that a single bell pepper can supply well over 100% of the recommended daily intake for vitamin C!
3) A 3 tablespoon serving of golden flaxseeds contains only 4 grams of total carbohydrates – nearly ALL of which are pure fiber! That gives flaxseeds a truly incredible carb-to-fiber ratio, and it means that they can slow your digestion while reducing your risk of a post-meal blood sugar spike.
4) Ghee is rich in butyric acid, a short-chain fatty acid which has been shown to reduce gut inflammation by modulating pro-inflammatory pathways. Research also shows that butyrate has the ability to promote energy expenditure, which can help your body become more efficient at burning calories.
5) Eggs are high in cholesterol, but they mostly contain heart-healthy H.D.L. cholesterol, which can actually work to lower that naughty L.D.L. cholesterol. Eggs are also an excellent source of the beneficial omega-3 fats A.L.A. and D.H.A. These fats have been shown to improve brain function and cardiovascular health.
6) A half-cup serving of chickpeas supplies 6 grams of plant-based protein, along with 18 grams of complex carbohydrates, with 6 grams of dietary fiber. So their high fiber and protein works to slow your digestion and can make you feel fuller, quicker, thus aiding you in your fight against obesity.
7) The active compound within turmeric, CURCUMIN, is a powerful antioxidant which has been widely researched for its ability to induce anti-diabetic effects within the body. A recent review revealed that curcumin decreases levels of glucose in the blood and plays a significant role in the prevention of diabetes.
8) Ripe bananas provide an excellent portion of soluble fiber, which can bind to cholesterol and sugar inside the body, thus aiding heart health and minimizing the risk of a glucose overload.