Would you like to massively improve your gut health?
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
Let’s find out what foods can have a huge impact on your gut health.
1) Blueberries are one of the richest sources of antioxidants among fruits and vegetables. Specifically, they contain polyphenol flavonoids called ANTHOCYANINS, which offer a wide range of health benefits.
2) The anthocyanins within blueberries help reduce inflammation and decrease oxidative stress, which helps ensure your gut doesn’t face any disruptions due to damage or inflamed tissue.
3) A half a cup of Brussels sprouts supplies 2 grams of fiber, which can help relieve constipation. And fiber also works to feed beneficial gut bacteria. Meanwhile, brussels sprouts are especially rich in the antioxidant KAEMPFEROL, which has been shown to aid heart health while reducing gut-damaging inflammation.
4) Fermented foods like kimchi supply PROBIOTICS – live bacteria which provide beneficial effects for your gut microbiome. Specifically, kimchi contains LACTIC ACID bacteria, which, once inside the gut, have been shown to improve the nutritional value of food, help to control intestinal infections, and aid the digestion of lactose.
5) Certain types of fiber within whole grains act as PREBIOTICS. Prebiotics are nutrients which are consumed by gut microbiota. In other words, they are food for the beneficial bacteria already living inside your digestive system.
6) Yogurts like unsweetened greek yogurt contain lactic acid bacteria as well as BIFIDOBACTERIA, another species of “good” bacteria that supplies gut-related benefits. Studies show that bifidobacteria can help to relieve constipation, boost immunity, reduce the risk of gastrointestinal infections, improve the bioavailability of certain minerals,