About 800,000 people experience a heart attack every year in the United States.
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
We’re about to look at THE TOP 3 FOODS TO REDUCE YOUR RISK OF A HEART ATTACK.
1) Berries are jam-packed with some very powerful antioxidants, including anthocyanins…which protect the heart and the cardiovascular system from inflammation and oxidative stress. – two key contributors to heart attacks.
2) Mainly due to their significant quantities of FIBER, research has revealed that regularly eating berries can lower total cholesterol, and they may even prevent harmful LDL cholesterol from becoming oxidized in the body – which is a major risk factor for heart disease.
3) Nutritionists consider beans to be one of the very best foods for improving cholesterol levels and reducing the risk of heart attacks. In fact, a 2007 National Library Of Medicine study showed that eating a half cup of pinto beans daily can reduce biomarkers of heart disease.
4) Beans are an excellent source of MAGNESIUM, which can improve blood pressure regulation, and POTASSIUM, which can remove excess sodium from your system, thus helping to reduce your blood pressure.
5) Leafy greens are an excellent source of VITAMIN K, which is essential for blood clotting and arterial health. And they supply large amounts of VITAMIN A, which protects the surface of the eye while also aiding the health of the immune system.
6) Leafy greens are high in NITRATES. Inside the body, these compounds get converted to NITRIC OXIDE, which widens blood vessels. That’s why research shows that nitrate-rich foods can help to lower blood pressure, reduce arterial stiffness, and improve the function of arterial lining.