Food writer Megan Kimble shows us how she unprocessed her life.
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
Megan Kimble learned how to dramatically change her food choices to the point that she ‘unprocessed’ her daily diet.
1) Megan Kimble is the editor of Edible Baja Arizona Magazine, and the author of the book ‘Unprocessed: My City-Dwelling Year Of Reclaiming Real Food.’
2) Megan wanted to positively impact the food system so that she could do her part to make it slightly less destructive to our environment and our health.
3) Megan spent an entire year NOT eating processed food.
4) All food, in a way, is ‘processed.’ So Megan had to decide where she drew the line.
5) Megan learned how to create certain foods in her kitchen, from bread, to chocolate, while at the same time bypassing certain processing methods employed by large food corporations.
6) Over her year of going unprocessed, Megan found that her energy levels increased and her hunger levels decreased.
7) Megan’s first piece of advice is for consumers to read the ingredient labels of any packaged food they wish to buy.
8) She also recommends looking into the listings from Chemical Cuisine.
9) Megan’s next piece of advice is to purchase NATURAL foods which don’t have ingredient labels.
10) Megan believes that pre-sweetened foods are a culprit for a large portion of the added sugar in our collective diet. So, instead, she says, take natural foods home and sweeten them yourself.