Can fasting protocols actually help you lower your blood pressure and aid your health in general?
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + FREE DOCUMENTARY EPISODE: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS:
Discover the truth about fasting so you can know if it’s right for you.
1) Fasting means voluntarily abstaining from eating for a set amount of time. Many people currently follow the 16:8 Intermittent Fasting Method – where you keep your daily eating to an 8 hour window.
2) Animal tests on diabetic mice also revealed that fasting can improve beta cell function and helped in the reconstruction of healthy gut microbiota, both of which can work to improve blood sugar balance.
3) Studies have shown that fasting can reduce inflammatory markers in the body.
4) Scientific reviews have found that laboratory mice had improved brain structure and function after 11 months of intermittent fasting.
5) A recent study showed that short-term fasting can increase norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter which helps boost the metabolism. This can aid with healthy weight loss.
6) Recent trials revealed that rats that who fasted every second day actually lived about 83% longer than their counterparts.
7) Research indicates that fasting has the potential to reduce LDL cholesterol and lower triglyceride levels. This essentially means that fasting protocols have the power to improve heart health.
8) That also means that, yes, indeed, studies show that fasting may reduce high blood pressure, specifically by reshaping the gut microbiome.