We’ll share the WORST and BEST effects of eggs for Diabetics.
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
It’s hard to imagine that such a small little thing like an egg could cause so much controversy . . .
1) Past studies have linked high egg consumption with Diabetes. data suggested that high levels of egg consumption may raise the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease for both men and women.
2) Studies found raised risk for prostate, breast, and ovarian cancers in people who ate 5 or more eggs a week.
3) A Greek study of Diabetics documented a 5-fold increase in death risk when Diabetics ate more than an egg a day.
4) Humans need nine essential amino acids – labeled “essential” because we can’t make them – we have to consume them. Eggs aren’t just a complete protein – they even have the EXACT PROPORTIONS of each amino acid we need.
5) Eggs average 70 calories and 6 grams of protein, and they’re loaded with a host of healthy nutrients.
6) A study showing people who ate an average of just 1 egg a day had a 28% lower risk of death from stroke. And they had an 18% lower risk of death from heart disease.
7) Egg’s glycemic index is zero. Therefore eggs can actually be a great tool for maintaining blood sugar balance . . . as long as you don’t go overboard.
8) Eggs are not all created equal, there is a range of different options to choose from. You may find cage-free, free-range, and pasture-raised eggs in your local supermarket.