Get the best fiber content without a huge dose of carbs!
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
1) Gooseberries contain over 45% of the recommended daily intake for vitamin C, along with 4.3 grams of fiber, which equals roughly 17% of your daily fiber needs.
2) The avocado is actually classified as a fruit, and a 100 gram serving of avocado supplies just 4 grams of carbs, but 3.3 grams of those carbs are pure fiber.
3) The artichoke is an amazingly versatile and delicious veggie, and one artichoke contains 13 grams of carbohydrates, 7 grams of which are fiber.
4) Chia seeds are overflowing with an amazing assortment of beneficial nutrients, including calcium, iron, and potassium. A 100 gram serving of chia seeds does contain about 12 grams of carbohydrates and a whopping 10 grams of fiber!
5) A single jalepeno supplies less 1 gram of carbs, and over half that amount is pure fiber.
6) A 100 gram serving of cauliflower will give you just 5 grams of carbs, with 2 grams of fiber. It also contains only 25 calories.
7) A 100 gram serving of asparagus contains only 20 calories, with just 4 grams of total carbohydrates and over 2 grams of fiber.
8) Broccoli rabe may be mysterious, but it supplies only 3 grams of carbs per 100 gram serving, with 2.7 of those grams being pure fiber.