Stay tuned, because we’re about to reveal 8 of the greatest foods to aid your weight loss goals, along with an important weight loss secret!
1) A recent 12-week trial revealed that participants who regularly ate half a fresh grapefruit 30 minutes before meals lost an average of 3 and a half pounds. Participants who drank grapefruit juice lost about 3 pounds, and even those who only consumed grapefruit capsules still lost an average of 2 and a half pounds.
2) The weight loss potential behind whole grains is mainly found in their fiber content. A slice of 100% whole wheat grain bread can supply between 9 and 12 grams of carbohydrates, but also about 2 grams of fiber. That brings its net carb amount to about 10 grams per slice.
3) Pulses are loaded with fiber and protein, which can help you from over-eating. Their high fiber content can work to slow your digestion, and their protein has been found to stimulate the gastric hormones which increase feelings of fullness.
4) By containing high amounts of fiber and protein without large helpings of saturated fat, lean proteins can aid weight loss by reducing GHRELIN, a hormone which makes you feel hungry, while increasing AMYLIN, a hormone which makes you feel full.
5) According to the recent study Short-Term Effect Of Eggs On Satiety In Overweight And Obese Subjects, overweight females who replaced their normal breakfast bagels with eggs resulted in the participants eating less overall food during the following 36 hours.
6) Cruciferous veggies are typically loaded with fiber. In fact, most of these vegetables contain about 3 to 5 grams of fiber per cup. That means a single serving of most cruciferous veggies can net you between 10 and 20% of your recommended daily intake for fiber.
7) Bone broth soups can supply important amino acids which can fight inflammation. They can also aid weight loss by increasing good gut bacteria, which can work to make your system more efficient at burning calories.
8) Leafy greens have just about the best carb-to-fiber ratios on the planet. And most leafy greens will barely make a dent in your daily calorie allowance. For example, spinach and swiss chard contain 7 calories per cup. Watercress and lettuce both give you just 4 calories per cup.