Discover the super powers behind these amazing anti-diabetes spices.
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
A diabetes diagnosis isn’t always simply either type 1 or type 2. There are, as of now, 5 other lesser-known types of diabetes we should still understand.
1) LADA – Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults : This condition is similar to type 1 diabetes, where the pancreas can no longer produce insulin. But, unlike type 1, this is typically diagnosed in adults, not children. It can also be diagnosed in type 2 diabetics, and they may require prescription insulin.
2) MODY – Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young : This condition affects children, and their pancreases will stop producing insulin. There are 11 different known types of MODY, and each requires different treatments.
3) Gestational Diabetes : This form of diabetes affects pregnant women. About 8% of pregnancies can create conditions where mom temporarily becomes resistant to insulin. It can affect the health of the mother and the child, and may cause the newborn to be unnaturally large. Gestational diabetes usually goes away after the birth of the child, however some women may go on to become type 1 or type 2 diabetic.
4) Neonatal Diabetes : This rare form of diabetes is typically found in children under 6 months of age. There are 2 main forms – Transient and Permanent, and, as the name suggests, the transient type will go away within a year of birth, but the permanent form of neonatal diabetes will remain with that child throughout his or her life.
5) Type 3 Diabetes : This is, as of now, a hypothetical form of diabetes. Years of living with high blood sugar levels can directly cause some type 2 diabetics to develop Alzheimer’s Disease later in life. Therefore, many scientists are now labeling dementia-like symptoms that occur within older type 2 diabetics as Type 3.