Do you have any recommendations, recipe ideas or other high fiber foods to suggest? Please comment below. We’d greatly appreciate hearing from you.
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
Fiber is essential to our health, we uncover 5 of the best fiber-packed foods in this video.
1) Artichokes are one of the best foods to get your daily fiber, it is known for its prebiotic fiber content which will help feed the beneficial bacteria in your gut.
2) Low-glycemic flaxseeds are so high in fiber, and they shouldn’t spike your blood sugar which makes them an ideal food for diabetics. Ground flaxseeds are the best way to make sure you get all the benefits from this tiny super seed.
3) Creamy avocados are actually full packed of soluble and insoluble fiber. Avocados also come loaded with heart-healthy fats which can make you feel fuller for longer.
4) Raspberries are actually made up of around 100 tiny fruits called drupelets, these drupelets contain a single seed which is where most of the fiber comes from. They also have large amounts of vitamin C, vitamin A and vitamin B6.
5) Lentils contain the most folate out of all the plant-based foods of which they provide 90% of your daily allowance! They also give you a whopping 15g of fiber per cup.