Fight unhealthy food cravings… by eating these foods!
► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
We want to keep making informative research-based videos for you. So if you got value from this video and would like more of it, you can send us a ‘Super Thanks’ by clicking the Thanks button at the bottom of the video. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! 🙂
Which specific foods should you choose to manage blood sugar while also helping you fight off unhealthy, fatty-food cravings? Use these 5 unique foods for sustained success battling diabetes, and for helping you to lose weight!
1) Try beans, and black beans specifically. Black beans are a rich source of both soluble and insoluble fiber, along with resistant starch, which cannot be digested and thus acts very much like fiber, slowing digestion, which slows insulin response. Black beans are also an excellent source of plant-based protein, which aids the digestive system in slowing the absorption of sugar into the blood stream.
2) Why not try chia seeds? They are rich in soluble fiber, and while a serving of chia seeds contains 12 grams of total carbohydrates, 10 out of those 12 grams is in the form of dietary fiber. The soluble fiber within chia seeds has also been linked to lower LDL and total cholesterol.
3) Yes, avocados are high in fat, but they contain “good” fats which, when eaten in moderation, can actually help with weight and diabetes management. They supply heart-healthy mono and polyunsaturated fats. These types of fat have been shown to lessen inflammation, reduce triglycerides, decrease “bad” LDL cholesterol, increase “good” HDL cholesterol, improve blood pressure, and reduce the risk of heart disease in general.
4) For a perfect lean meat centerpiece, try wild-caught salmon. Salmon contains almost double the recommended daily intake of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation and improve structural function of the arteries. Omega-3 fatty acids are linked with improved weight management, as research shows that they can work to block fat storage while helping increase metabolic rate.
5) A perfect high-nutrient whole fruit choice is the classic apple. Apples, especially apple peels, supply the soluble fiber PECTIN, which has been shown to decrease blood and liver cholesterol. Pectin can promote weight loss and more efficient fat burning, while increasing feelings of fullness. Plus, as apples are high in water content, this further helps apples fill you up quickly, which can keep you from over-eating other less-healthy foods.