► ► FREE BOOK + COOKBOOK + DOCUMENTARY: https://www.diabetessmarts.com/go/superfoods
► ► JOIN DIABETES SMARTS: https://diabetessmarts.com
Try THESE complete low-carb meals today!
We want to keep making informative research-based videos for you. So if you got value from this video and would like more of it, you can send us a ‘Super Thanks’ by clicking the Thanks button at the bottom of the video. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you! 🙂
Create 3 unique, easy, and filling low-carb meals for balanced post-meal glucose levels.
1) For better glucose control, it is often recommended to reduce your intake of carbohydrates. Low-carb meals will naturally be loaded with beneficial macro and micronutrients, while also not significantly affecting your post-meal glucose levels.
2) A simple chicken salad can be an ideal lunch for diabetics. Chicken is an excellent lean protein choice, and it aids your body in slowing digestion, and it supplies vitamin B12, which aids the health of blood and nerve cells, plus copper, choline, iron, and zinc.
3) Add extra nutritional value to your salads with the inclusion of avocado, which supplies heart-aiding unsaturated fats, plus antioxidant-rich tomatoes for improved eye health. And build your salad base with fiber-rich leafy greens, like lettuce, kale, or spinach.
4) Salmon and other fatty fish give you heart-helping omega-3 fats, which have been shown to decrease blood pressure and arterial plaque build-up. Plus, salmon gives you a great amount of lean protein, which helps to slow digestion and the release of glucose into the blood stream.
5) A simple omelette can be a versatile and filling low-carb meal, and a rich source of omega 3 fatty acids and choline, which have both been shown to support long-term blood glucose control. And it’s easy to add a range of diabetes-fighting ingredients, including bell pepper, onion, and cilantro. Add extra anti-diabetes benefits with a hot sauce, which supplies the antioxidant capsaicin.