Let’s uncover the 15 best inexpensive healthy foods for diabetics.
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
1) Plain water is the best and cheapest way to stay hydrated.
2) Canned tuna is a cost-effective way to get your daily dose of healthy omega 3.
3) Non-fat Greek yogurt is a healthy snack and dressing.
4)Frozen edamame is a cheap nutritious snack or addition to your salad.
5) Lentils of all varieties are an affordable and healthy addition to any meal.
6) 100% whole grain bread can give you many beneficial nutrients and most especially, fiber.
7) Eggs pack a nutritious punch and you can use them in a wide range of meals, and not just for breakfast!
8) Created by curdling and solidifying fresh soya milk, tofu may have originated in China, but, today, it’s amongst the most popular sources of protein on the planet.
9) Low-fat cottage cheese is an excellent source of protein, folate, probiotics, and will supply you with needed minerals like phosphorus and potassium.
10) Homegrown herbs is a cost-effective way to ensure you have those delicious herbs whenever you want.
11) Brown rice is low in calories, fat, and salt, and is low glycemic.
12) Steel-cut oats contain high amounts of dietary fiber, which can help lower LDL cholesterol levels in your body while also helping to stabilize your glucose levels in your bloodstream.
13) Nut butter spread can be more cost-effective than buying raw nuts while still supplying you the same nutritional value you’d get if you were to buy the same nuts in raw form.
14) Frozen vegetables make them available to you all year long, for a fraction of the cost of buying the same veggies fresh.
15) Spinach is a simple ingredient with an entire library of obesity and diabetes-fighting nutrients, from immunity-boosting vitamins, to fasting glucose-lowering folate, to cholesterol-lowering fiber.