Dangerous food cravings can hit without warning. Here are 10 ways to stop them.
Gain a world of knowledge about the diabetes epidemic and discover what you can do to lose weight and fight diabetes!
Food cravings can hurt our health by pushing us towards those highly processed, highly unhealthy food products. But there are concrete ways to fight back against these cravings.
1) Add apple cider vinegar to your diet. Acetic acid within apple cider vinegar can slow the digestive process and help you to feel full.
2) Eat nutrition-packed soups and stews. Nutrient-dense liquid will take time to digest and help you to feel satisfied.
3) Avoid artificial sweeteners. These products are actually far-sweeter to your taste buds than natural sugar, and so they can create addictive properties.
4) Try splitting your meals. If you eat part of your meal and give yourself 10 to 20 minutes away from the table, it will give your brain time to catch up to your stomach.
5) Don’t shop while hungry. It could subconsciously push you to purchase unhealthy snack foods.
6) Add more protein to your diet. Incredibly, protein can reduce your level of Ghrelin, a hunger hormone. So protein can actually help you feel fuller, quicker.
7) Physically distance yourself from your kitchen. Next time you get a food craving, instead of walking to the fridge, take a walk outside.
8) Reduce your stress levels. Stress is linked to heightened food cravings and weight gain.
9) Set weekly meal goals. A bit of pre-planning will help you avoid buying snacks at the store and also help you quickly and easily whip up healthy meals.
10) Drink plenty of water each day. Dehydration can lead to hunger pangs. Often, we mistake hunger for thirst.